1. How to stop the next epidemic.
By Maryn McKenna in Smithsonian
2. Could we be close to managing pain without the fear of addiction?
By Kevin Fryling at Indiana University
3. For augmented reality, let’s not repeat the mistakes made as social media became ubiquitous.
By Matt Ranen in NewCo Shift
4. Can artificial intelligence beat musicians at their craft?
By Ben Dickson in the Next Web
5. Chocolate is now a health food. Here’s how that happened.
By Julia Belluz in Vox
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.