But before then, there’s other areas of the game that’s also seeing some love.
Developers Studio Wildcard run a sponsored mod program, that provides support for independent teams are their projects.
And one of the most popular right now is the ARK Ragnarok mod, which just saw a big update launch.
Coming first to PC, the new patch adds South-West Desert expansion, which will also be releasing on PS4 and Xbox One at a later date.
“We’re excited to be releasing the first installment of the Ragnarok desert!” a development message reads.
“The desert will be released in three sections that will open up for the players as each section is complete. This will be the least dangerous section of the desert.”
Speaking to fans about the completion of the ARK Survival Ragnarok project, the dev team admitted there was still plenty of work to be done, even if around 90% of the build is complete.
“You could say that I suppose, but we like to think of Ragnarok as a work of art.. is it every really done?” they commented.
“But in all seriousness, it’s important to keep things in perspective and know the limitations of the game + the engine it’s built in. We keep a keen eye on this.”
In other ARK news, Studio Wildcard have confirmed the dates for when the next server maintenance will be happening on PS4 and Xbox One.
At 6pm EST (11pm BST) the following non-legacy servers will be going offline for 2-3hr of maintenance: Xbox 467-546 & PS4 295-374.
- Increased chance of Spinos spawning
- Decreased total Coel amount in the ocean
- Moved Leeds away from the coast/coastal inlets
- (Should now spawn farther out in the ocean)
- New Giga Spawn added in the Southwest region (Near Green Obelisk)
- Increased chance of Therizino spawns
- Wyverns added into Purple Crystal Wyvern Den off the coast
- (This will help eggs show up more frequently as well)
- Desert Spawns readjusted and ready for new section of map
Over 300 + Bug Fixes:
- (This includes but not limited to)
- Fixed tall grass in swamp (lowered to not be 3 foundations high)
- Fixed mesh hole exploits
- Fixed many player stuck points
- Fixed floating foliage
- Fixed mesh collision
- Fixed water now working in rivers
- Fixed player/dino teleport issues
- Fixed some dinosaur spawn issues
- Fixed boss fight exploits
- Fixed Dungeon exploits
- Fixed unreachable resources
- Fixed unobtainable supply drops
- Fixed Proxy issues
- Fixed Volume issues